- Consumption of alcohol, caffeine and other diuretics.
- Excessive consumption of liquids.
- Urinary infections.
- Consumption of fizzy drinks, sodas, citrus fruits and juices and sweeteners which are irritating to the bladder..
- Taking medicines, particularly for blood pressure, heart, flu, cold, as well as sedatives, antidepressants, diuretics and muscle relaxants.
- Weakness of the bladder muscles.
- Loss of oestrogen after menopause.
- Pregnancy and / or childbirth, with impairment of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Pelvic surgery and hysterectomy (surgical removal of the uterus).
- Surgery to treat prostate diseases.
- Neurological damage caused by diabetes, multiple sclerosis, parkinson, stroke, brain tumours and spinal injuries.
- Painful bladder syndrome (interstitial cystitis).
- Bladder stones and cancer.
See your doctor for full diagnosis to find possible causes, treatments and solutions for urine loss.